Wedding photography is a fun yet tiring genre of photography. Wedding is an event that happens once in a lifetime. So, people are very specific about how the photographs should be. A lot is spent on the photography for the event. This puts a lot of pressure on the photographer to make sure that the photographs come out well although, the venue may be crowded and noisy. At the same time, it is an event where the photographer gets to meet new people and know different cultures. Hence, it is exciting as well.
Why should one study a wedding photography course?
Although, traditionally a lot of wedding photographers are not educated in that line of photography and they just learn it through experience, taking up a wedding photography course makes the photographer more authentic and makes it easier for the client to communicate their ideas to the photographer. This also gives them an idea about the latest trends in wedding photography and how to execute them.
Our Wedding Photography course covers the entire south Indian weddings, such as Engagement, Pre-
Wedding, Post-Wedding, Traditional, Candid, Brahmin Wedding, Christian Wedding, Muslim Wedding,
etc followed by the customs and rituals of each Hindu Wedding. As we know,Wedding Photography is
very technical and individual-specific; we give significance to their individual-specific needs. Our
students will be also learning Bridal portraits, both the bride and groom, where we will teach them new
poses, locations, and capturing emotions effortlessly.
What do we teach in wedding photography course?
We cover several topics in our wedding photography course. They are listed below.
Key highlights in Wedding Photography:
- Candid wedding photography: candid photographs are photographs taken without the knowledge of the subject, in their natural surroundings. The photos show that the subject is at ease and causal in their behavior. It requires a lot of training and swiftness to capture some beautiful moments that happen in a flow. It is momentary. So, the photographer should be ready to capture the moment as soon as it happens without missing focus or without having bad lighting in the image. This, we teach in our candid wedding photography classes.
- Traditional wedding photography: Traditional wedding photography refers to the photos being taken where, the photographer instructs the subjects about how to pose for the camera. This is well planned. Hence, the photographer gets time to click the picture. These photographs could either be of the entire family or just the couple. We teach different lighting setups and framing for these photographs in our traditional photography classes.
- Pre wedding and post wedding photography: a lot of couples opt either for a pre wedding or a post wedding photo shoot. This could be indoor or outdoor based on the request of the client. These photographs can either be a part of the album, social media invites or personal collection. In these kinds of shoots, it is important for the couple to feel at ease with the photographer since; the photo shoot is taking place at some venue other than the wedding hall. The photographer also has to make sure that he teaches the couple to pose based on how comfortable they seem to be with each other. These are techniques we teach in our course.
- Couple portrait outdoor : couples choose a location where, they can have a theme based photo shoot. It is important for the photographer to learn about the location and guide the couple in choosing their costumes accordingly and curate a theme. The classes also help in learning lighting setup for outdoor couple shoots.
- Studio lighting: studio lighting setup may vary for each kind of photography. We in our course teach studio lighting for couples’ studio shoot.
- Planning, budgeting, and implementation.
- Taking photos like a professional wedding photographer.
- Taking photos of bridal portrait.
- Pre-wedding and Post-wedding photoshoot
- Different types of lights and its theories, composition, exposure, and posing.
- Discover and develop his/her style and method.
- Knowing every marriage’s customs and rituals.
- Photo editing, corrections, photo album, etc.
- Business skills, marketing techniques, and workflow.
- Real-time practical experiences.
- Creating a wedding photography portfolio.